Why work with CVS?
Business rates are a form of tax that have to be paid on most non-domestic properties such as offices, retail shops, hotels, warehouses and factories, to name just a few. If a business uses all or part of a building or premises, they are likely to be liable to pay business rates.
Throughout February and March each year, everyone required to pay business rates will receive a bill from their local council. This bill is for the following tax year.
If you are paying business rates and believe they are unfair, then you may be able to appeal them and potentially achieve a reduction. CVS’ Chartered Surveyors provide trusted expert advice and a professional business rates reduction service which has helped thousands of businesses across the UK.
CVS is in a unique position to maximise savings on your business rates and achieve a reduction for you:
- CVS does not charge up-front fees, working on a performance related fee basis only
- CVS is regulated by the RICS and IRRV and has a national network of Chartered Surveyors
- We hold the largest in-house comparable property database of rating comparison information
- To date, we have saved our Clients in excess of £700 million
- The Financial Times have named us ‘Britain’s largest business rates advisory firm’
We believe every business should pay fair and accurate rates. If you are unsure if an appeal is right for you, please read our frequently asked questions.